Gigi Hadid is one of the most popular models in the world, and she has made a name for herself in the fashion industry. Here are 10 facts about Gigi Hadid that you may not know:
1. Gigi was born in Los Angeles, California, on April 23, 1995. 2. The full name of Gigi Hadid is Jelena Noura Hadid.
Gigi Hadid Early Life and Family
Gigi Hadid was born in Los Angeles on April 23, 1995, to Dutch-born real estate developer Mohamed Hadid and former model Yolanda Foster. She has two younger siblings, Bella and Anwar, and three older half-sisters: Marielle, Alana, and Erin Foster.
Hadid’s mother is a Dutch-born American television personality, model, and interior designer while her father is a Palestinian-American real estate developer who appeared on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills from 2010 until 2018.
Hadid’s mother immigrated to the United States with her family in 1971. At the age of 16, she was diagnosed with Lyme disease, which she believes she contracted from a horse she rode while vacationing in Sardinia.
Gigi Hadid Education
Gigi Hadid was born in Los Angeles, California, on April 23, 1995, to real estate developer Mohamed Hadid and former model Yolanda Foster. She has two younger siblings: a sister, Bella, who is also a model, and a brother, Anwar. Gigi attended Malibu High School before dropping out to focus on her modeling career. In 2013, she moved to New York City to begin studying at The New School before eventually withdrawing due to her busy schedule with modeling.
Gigi Hadid Career
One of her generation’s most successful models is Gigi Hadid. She has appeared on the covers of magazines such as Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and Elle, and has walked the runway for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses, including Chanel, Marc Jacobs, and Dolce & Gabbana. In addition to her modeling work, Gigi has also launched her own clothing line with Tommy Hilfiger and has appeared in several music videos, including those for Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” and Zayn Malik’s “Pillowtalk.”
Gigi Hadid Personal Life
Gigi Hadid was born and raised in Los Angeles to real estate developer Mohamed Hadid and former model Yolanda Foster. She has a younger sister, Bella, and a younger brother, Anwar. Hadid’s mother is Dutch and her father is Palestinian-American.
Hadid announced her retirement from modeling in February 2018, after being diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease. She made her comeback to the runway in October 2018, walking in the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
Also, Read – 10 Facts about Kendall Jenner
Gigi Hadid Awards and Recognitions
- In 2016, Hadid received the Daily Front Row “Model of the Year” award.
- In November 2016, Hadid was voted “Model of the Year” by Models.com readers.
- In January 2017, Hadid won the People’s Choice Award for “Favorite Model”.
- Later that month, she was announced as one of Bazaar Arabia’s “Top 20 Best Dressed Women in the World”, alongside her sister Bella.
- In February 2017, Hadid became the first ever model to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue two years in a row.
- In May 2017, she was named one of TIME magazine’s “100 Most Influential People”.
- Hadid ranked at number five on Forbes magazine’s list of the world’s highest-paid models, with an estimated income of $9.5 million in a single year.
Gigi Hadid Net Worth?
Gigi Hadid is said to be worth $29 million. She made $9 million in 2017 alone, making her one of the highest-paid models in the world. In addition to her modeling earnings, Hadid also earns money from endorsements and her own clothing line.
Gigi Hadid Philanthropy
Giving back is important to Gigi and she’s used her platform to raise awareness and funds for a variety of causes. In 2015, she partnered with Reebok on their #PerfectNever campaign, which encouraged women to celebrate their imperfections. She also teamed up with Vogue Eyewear on a buy-one-give-one campaign, in which Gigi donated a pair of eyeglasses to someone in need for every pair purchased.
Gigi has also worked with the Teen Cancer America foundation, RED (an organization that aims to end AIDS), and We Can Survive (a breast cancer awareness concert).
Gigi Hadid 10 Interesting Facts
- California’s Los Angeles is where Gigi Hadid was born and raised.
- Gigi’s mother is Dutch and her father is Palestinian-American.
- Bella and Anwar are Gigi’s younger sisters.
- Gigi began her modeling career when she was just two years old!
- In addition to modeling, Gigi has also appeared in campaigns for major fashion brands such as Tommy Hilfiger, Guess, and Maybelline New York.
- Gigi made her Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show debut in 2016.
- In 2017, Gigi was named the International Model of the Year by the British Fashion Council.
- In 2018, Gigi became the first model to appear on the cover of Vogue Arabia.
- Outside of modeling, Gigi is an avid equestrian and has been riding horses since she was a child.