Tom Holland is one of the most popular actors in the world and has starred in some of the biggest movies of the past few years. Here are 10 Facts about Tom Holland.
Tom Holland Early life and family
Tommy was born in Kingston upon Thames, London, to Nicola Elizabeth (Frost), a photographer, and Dominic Anthony Holland (Dominic Anthony McGuire), who is a comedian and writer. Ireland’s County Mayo was the home of his paternal grandparents. His parents divorced when he was 10 and he took his mother’s maiden name Holland as his stage name when he moved into acting. He has three brothers – twins Sam ( Samuel Ryan Thomas McGuire) and Harry, who are also actors, and Patrick, a chef. Harry and Sam appeared with Tom in “The Lost City of Z” (2016).
Tom’s Acting and dancing career
Tom Holland is best known for his starring role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and Avengers: Endgame (2019). He has also appeared in such films as The Impossible (2012), In the Heart of the Sea (2015), and The Lost City of Z (2016).
In addition to his film work, Holland is also a talented dancer. He trained at the Guildford School of Acting and danced with the National Youth Theatre before making his professional stage debut in the title role of Billy Elliot the Musical in London’s West End.
Holland’s acting and dancing career began when he was just a child. He made his stage debut at age six in a school production of Oliver! And went on to perform in several other stage productions, including Les Misérables, The Sound of Music, and Billy Elliot the Musical. In 2010, he made his television debut on an episode of the British soap opera EastEnders. His film debut came two years later with the release of The Impossible.
2016: The Lost City of Z
2016: Captain America: Civil War
2017: Spider-Man: Homecoming
2018: Avengers: Infinity War
2019: Spider-Man: Far From Home
Tom Holland Awards
Tom Holland has won several awards for his work in film and television.
Some of his awards include
- Best Young Actor in a Leading Role from the critics’ choice movie awards for his work in ”The Impossible”
- Best Rising Star from the Empire Awards
- TEEN Vogue’s June/July 2016 cover star
- GQ’s 50 best dressed British men 2016
Tom Holland Personal life
Holland was born in Kingston upon Thames, London, to Nicola Frost and Dominic Holland, who is a comedian and author. Ireland’s County Mayo was the home of his paternal grandparents, respectively. He has three brothers – Paddy and twins Sam and Harry – and two sisters, Eliza and Esme. As of December 2012, he was attending The BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology in Croydon.
Tom Holland Philanthropy
Though young, Tom Holland has already made a name for himself not just as an actor, but as a philanthropist. Here are 10 facts about his charity work:
1. In 2016, Holland helped to launch the #SavetheDay campaign in order to encourage people to register to vote.
2. He has also supported the Wrong Hands Project, which aims to spread awareness about child trafficking and sexual slavery.
3. In 2017, he participated in a benefit concert called “The Secrets” in order to raise money for the Rape Crisis England & Wales charity.
4. Later that same year, he became an ambassador for The Make-A-Wish Foundation UK.
5. In early 2018, he traveled to Nepal with the non-profit organization Red Nose Day in order to help build a school and visit children living in poverty.
6. He has also donated his time and effort to The Elton John AIDS Foundation, Teenage Cancer Trust, and Children in Need over the years.
7. Most recently, he auctioned off a private lunch date which raised over £12,000 for War Child UK – a charity that provides support for children affected by warfare and conflict worldwide.
Tom Holland Net worth
Tom Holland is one of the most popular actors in the world As of 2022, Tom Holland’s net worth is $18 million dollars.
Tom Holland Social media
Tom Holland is known for his roles in The Impossible, In the Heart of the Sea, and Captain America: Civil War. He will soon be reprising his role as Spider-Man/Peter Parker in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Aside from being an amazing actor, Holland is also very active on social media. Here are 10 facts about Tom Holland’s social media presence.
1. Tom Holland has over 10 million followers on Instagram.
2. His verified Twitter account has over 3 million followers.
3. He joined Instagram in August of 2013 and his first post was a picture of himself with then-co-star Naomi Watts on the set of The Impossible.
4. In February of 2016, he posted a photo on Instagram of himself in a motion capture suit with the caption “Spider-Man: Homecoming So excited to suit up again!” This was one of the first official looks at the new Spider-Man costume.
5. He often posts behind-the-scenes photos and videos from movie sets on his Instagram account.
6. On March 7th, 2017 he posted a video on Instagram of himself lip-syncing to “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever” by Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik. The video was part of a challenge started by actress Alicia Vikander.
7. Tom Holland has expressed his love for musical theater on social media multiple times and even posts videos of himself singing from time to time.