Just when you thought you knew everything there was to know about LeBron James, think again! Here are some fun facts that even the biggest LeBron fan might not know.
LeBron James’ early life and career
December 30, 1984, was LeBron James birth in Akron, Ohio. When he was barely five years old, he started participating in organized basketball. When James was in seventh grade, he was profiled in a Sports Illustrated article titled “The Chosen One”, which said he might become one of the greatest players in NBA history
James has carried that hype throughout his career, living up to the billing as one of the most talented basketball players ever. He has won three NBA championships, four MVP awards, and three Finals MVP awards. He was voted Sportsman of the Year by Sports Illustrated in 2012.
LeBron James’ impact on the NBA
One of the NBA’s most dominant players right now is LeBron James. He has led his teams to the NBA Finals nine times, winning three championships. He is a four-time NBA MVP and a three-time NBA Finals MVP. He has also been named to 14 All-Star teams and 12 All-NBA teams. In addition, LeBron has won two Olympic gold medals with Team USA.
LeBron’s impact on the game of basketball cannot be overstated. He is a physical specimen who combines power, speed, and athleticism, unlike any player we have ever seen before. He also has incredible vision and court awareness, allowing him to make plays that other players simply cannot make. LeBron is truly a once-in-a-generation talent.
The numbers back up LeBron’s greatness. For his career, he averages 27.1 points, 7.4 assists, and 7.2 rebounds per game. He is also shooting 54% from the field and 34% from three-point range for his career. These are exceptionally high numbers for any player, let alone one who has played in over 1,100 games
LeBron James’ business ventures
In addition to his work on the court, LeBron James has also become a successful businessman off the court. He has his own production company, SpringHill Entertainment, and has produced several documentaries and TV shows, including the popular ESPN series “More Than a Game.” He has also launched his own line of sneakers, called LeBron James Signature Shoes, as well as a line of clothing called LRJ.
LeBron James’ philanthropy
One of James’ most notable philanthropic efforts is his partnership with the Akron Public Schools in Ohio. James has dedicated over $40 million to the construction of new school buildings in an effort to provide better educational opportunities for disadvantaged children in his hometown. In addition, he provides college scholarships for eligible students and has also worked with the school district to establish a program that provides free bicycles to students who maintain good attendance.
Also, Read – Top 10 interesting Facts about Kevin Durant
LeBron James’ family life
LeBron James was born on December 30, 1984, in Akron, Ohio, to a 16-year-old mother, Gloria James. His father, Anthony McClelland, was not part of his life; James grew up with a single mom and his maternal grandparents. When LeBron was just a baby, Gloria realized that she wouldn’t be able to raise him on her own and asked her parents, Fred and Barbara Warrick, to help care for him. From then on, the Wrecks were like LeBron’s parents. Gloria worked long hours at multiple jobs to support her son; Fred often took LeBron to his basketball games and helped him with his homework.
LeBron’s first exposure to organized sports came through the Police Athletic League. When he was nine years old, he started playing on an Akron city league team called the Northeast Ohio Shooting Stars. By the time he was in fifth grade, he had already grown too tall to play on most youth teams. So he joined an AAU team made up of players from all over northeast Ohio. The team traveled around the country to compete against other AAU squads.
In high school, LeBron led his team to three straight state championships. He was named Mr. Basketball of Ohio as a junior and senior. During his senior year, he became the first player in Ohio high school history to be named First Team All-State three times.
LeBron James’ legacy
One of the NBA’s most dominant players right now is LeBron James. He has been in the league for 17 years and has accomplished a lot in that time. He is a three-time NBA champion, a four-time MVP, and a 14-time All-Star. He is also one of only six players in NBA history to have won an MVP award, an NBA title, and an Olympic gold medal.
- In the first round of the 2003 NBA Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers picked James.
- He played for the Cavaliers from 2003 to 2010 and then again from 2014 to 2018.
- In between his two stints with the Cavaliers, he played for the Miami Heat from 2010 to 2014.
- With the Heat, he won two NBA championships and was named Finals MVP both times.
- He returned to the Cavaliers in 2014 and led them to their first-ever NBA championship in 2016. He was named Finals MVP for the third time.
- In 2018, James signed up with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- He has been voted as an All-Star starter every year since 2005.
- He won his fourth MVP award in 2009 and 2010 (he is one of only three players to have won back-to-back MVPs).
He was named Defensive Player of the Year in 2009 (he is one of only two players to have won both an MVP and Defensive Player of the Year award).
Interesting facts about LeBron James
- He is 6 feet 8 inches tall.
- James’ parents are Gloria James and Anthony McClelland.
- He has two sons, Bryce Maximus James and LeBron James Jr., and a daughter, Zhuri James.
- He married his high school sweetheart, Savannah Brinson, in 2013.
- He was drafted by the Cavaliers in 2003 as the number one overall pick.
- He helped lead the Cavaliers to their first NBA championship in 2016.
- He won MVP awards in 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2013.
- In 2018, he joined the Los Angeles Lakers.